Friday, June 03, 2005

Attaching the last strings....

I always used to wonder why Life insurances had been there at all. I can understand the need for accidental insurances, health insurances etc for people to be directly benefitted (I dont approve any of them, but then thats how the society is). Worst of all I never could digest the fact that the insurance company would pay money to your family when you are Dead. I do have an insurance policy which I had taken because it had given me tax benefits when I was in India. Never thought about that money, that could go to my family when I'm dead. So today I get a call from my bank Wells Fargo

Hi Sir,

As you are a privilaged customer to our bank we are willing to offer to you an insurance coverage of 50,000 dollars for 2 months for 1 dollar after which you can decide if you want to go with that and blah, blah, blah........

Well, my answer was simple. Sorry, I'm not interested

Then she tells me accidents are the most common form of death in America

So what the heck? Dude, I believe once I'm dead I'm gone. Who cares???

Maybe she was surprised that I wasnt even willing to register for the 1 dollar 2 months coverage, the dollar which they were ready to reimburse if I didnt want to go with it. Well.......

6 Comments:

At Sat Jun 04, 12:37:00 AM PDT , Blogger Noufal said...

I couldn't agree with you more. A lot of these schemes sound like a "All you have to do is die in an accident and we'll take care of everything".

 
At Sat Jun 04, 02:37:00 AM PDT , Blogger neurohavoc said...

hey... do u know of some good accident insurances in india :-)

 
At Sat Jun 04, 03:07:00 PM PDT , Blogger Asif said...

@Neuro

I think it is time we reach a compromise. We can work out the deal over the messenger :-))))

 
At Sun Jun 05, 10:49:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

:))

Asif, I have a relative who is now trynig to sell me some HDFC insurance. Coming home does not seem like a good idea now. :P

Neurohavoc - NO accident insurances but can I interest you in some life insurances :))

 
At Mon Jun 06, 02:10:00 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear ETV,

Don't you think one would love to manipulate events even when one is dead ?

:-)

 
At Mon Jun 06, 07:14:00 PM PDT , Blogger Asif said...

@littleone

I guess you are trying to go with the flow...What do you mean by just in case???

@NY
He He, I know, I remember one day when some LIC agent woke me up early morning 7:30 when I was visiting my home down and I was so nasty with him.

@Anonymous

Oh dude, I'm busy pondering upon the monkey who took the typewriter and came out with Othello of Shakespeare. Maybe after that I would love to think about this....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home