Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Stranger's answer

I was walking through Seattle downtown. Somehow maybe I'm getting old, and I dont find too much excitement in the things that I see around. Most of the times, I see myself engulfed in some thoughts. Probably this is the transition from the youth to middle age. Probably second half of the twenties is supposed to witness this in each and everyone. I felt kind of strange among the crowd and probably these are the thoughts that I think was going through my mind. I went back to the hotel and scribbled these.

My Brother..., I'm a stranger in this city
This isnt where I belong to, am a visitor
My food is not what you devour
I dont see what your eyes envision

My actions are none that you can comprehend
My dreams are not what you strive for
My mind is not in the sky-scrapers of your city
The sand on your shore doesnt wet my feet

My journey doesnt end here, as yours do
My life is not the end of breath, as yours is
Beyond this city, across the sea, I need to go
To a land from where, there is no return

I am waiting for the ferry, to go beyond the waves
To my master who had given me the task not naive
I have to account for the pennies I spend in your city
and your city is so luring, with a treacherous mask

The trip to Seattle was fine eventhough it was the gargantuan task of covering more than 2000 miles in 3 days. Out of these probably we were on the road for almost 35 hours. A good pumping of adrenaline can yield these kind of unpredictable results in guys to go so unplanned. The only bizarre incident was when my friend missed an exit and he tried cutting across a road which saw us falling into a deep pit making the front of the car hit with a Bang disturbing our sleep and minor dent on the bottom side of the car. By God's grace nothing happened to the car and to us and we could move on. There was flood in Oregon in one of the highways and hailstorm along with thunder and lightning to add masala to the experience. All in all a wonderful trip. Maybe we should try to go to Boston sometime.

6 Comments:

At Wed Jun 01, 12:26:00 AM PDT , Blogger srikanthsastry said...

Trip to seattle? when where? need details :)

 
At Wed Jun 01, 12:53:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

post some pics......i always want to go to seatle....but...
zee

 
At Wed Jun 01, 10:59:00 PM PDT , Blogger Asif said...

@Semantic

What details. Went to Seattle for a road trip over the long weekend. :-)

@Z

hmmmm, Should do that. By the way, Do you live close to Seattle. I saw that Vancover was 1 and half hours drive from Seattle.

 
At Thu Jun 02, 02:13:00 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

truly reflective of the thoughts of a stranger visiting planet earth :)

pics please :)

 
At Thu Jun 02, 08:13:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

some reply to your comments to ayyappadas http://rainsoakedboy.blogspot.com/

 
At Thu Jun 02, 11:40:00 PM PDT , Blogger Asif said...

@NY

hmmm, Maybe yeah, Felt like strange.

@Anonymous

I had left a comment on your blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home