Saturday, October 09, 2004

A bike and the lost love

What happened during the past week??? Well, I guess I found a lost love and it has been always wonderful working with it. There were so many instances when the love for it weathers off, but now again it has come back hard time and its the reason why you find me in the office on a saturday evening. I always liked to play with it, but somehow the different ego's you see and the attitude of the people towards it influences your attitude. Sometimes your mindset changes so that you work for money. Sometimes its just the fact that you are working because you like to work. Its like going to the Gym. You want to go to the Gym bcoz you like it, and maybe its the reason that you want to fix the problems in the software. You try to hack into the system and you learn more. You believe you are in control when you invoke the debugger and step through each and every line. I always feel that debugging shouldnt be done using a GUI debugger, it should be done through command line. I believe it will help you more in understanding the code that sits there. Yesterday I was struggling with a mathematical problem and I knew it was easy. But somehow the result wouldnt come out. I had to fight a lot and somehow the equations were not proper. Maybe the revelation of the love was the reason that I carried a paper and pen to solve the problem and it was a good feeling. Good for me, I solved it just after I woke up in the morning.

I guess biking in California is something that should be interesting. I got a bicycle. The things here are so sophisticated that from the car battery you can fill the air in your bicycle tires. Pretty amazing. Now I have to take a snap of my new companion. This reminds me of my old friend that used to be with me for almost 3 years back in B'lore. Yeah it was my motor bike. A big Enfield Machismo. Somehow I used to connect to it often. I know I miss riding that one. It was a part and parcel of my life for almost 3 years and it was a sad moment when I had to depart with it. It used to go as and how I wanted it to go, occasionally even giving me hints how to ride it. I used to feel that when you ride a motor bike and when that air hit on your face, then you get the feeling of belongingness. This doesnt happen if you are driving a car. There you are moving along, but on a motor bike you feel that you are controlling the movement and even you are controlling the roads. on the ring road I used to make drawings along the lanes (lucky that nobody cares about lane traffic in B'lore). I used to go with my bike in between the space without touching the drawings on the road and driving that way made me feel proud. Then there were those smaller bikes who wanted to race with you and you feel that they dont deserve to race with you and just ignored them. Its a feeling of being proud and a feeling of greatness when you ride those big motorcycles. Now here there are bigger versions of them. Those Harley's with that big macho look is incredible. Hmmm, time will come when I might buy one. Let us see. I feel that when you are riding a motor bike, You should drive it slow because then you enjoy it. Then you enjoy the soul of the road ( I guess it has one), bcoz on the motor bikes, you see it, you know where exactly to go without jumping on to a hole and you can feel the world on you. Let me see how good is the experience with bicycles go on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home