Oh!!! What a weekend
Coool, is the word that I'll give to one of the best spent weekend that had gone by. Thre was this funky idea of cooking biriyani during the weekend. Eventhough I have taken it a zillion times, I never thought I'll try to cook it one day. But somehow while chatting with friends I got this idea and as that happens normally with me, out of impulse I thought I should give it a try. 2 guys who are my colleagues as well as friends liked the idea and offered conditional support. Condition being I should be the one who should eat it first. I wanted to maked Chicken Biriyani, but decided to make a veggie, since the guy who at the end turned up was a veggie. (The other friend ditched us, maybe he was scared).
Well, the adventure turned out to be an ok one with lessons learned. The whole process went like, on the sunday morning we went for shopping, grabbed all the stuff that we could call as vegetarian from Bharat Bazar. I chop vegetables really well, since I've done that last time, when a friend used to cook for me. The deal then was she will cook for me and I had to chop the vegetables. So I chopped all the vegetables first. Then Took some oil heated it on a vessel, put in cashews, raisins and after they are golden brown, take it out.
Now put the onions, tomato, ginger, garlic, all the vegetables in this container and then boil it well (I missed it here, that I didnt boil it well). Then boil rice in a separate vessel (microwave it for maybe 5 minutes , I did it for 10 minutes which made it overcooked). After some time remove the water left in the rice (I didnt do it). and put this half cooked rice (for me it was full cooked) into the other vessel where you are boiling the vegetables. Dont forget to add salt and Biriyani Mix you have. Allow the rest of the water to vapourate. Cover the whole vessel with a lid so that there is some pressure to the biriyani being cooked. Put the cashew, onion, raisin mix on top, and try to mix them into your rice. This is the flow of operation and if you are extremely lucky you will get a good biriyani on the first day. For my experiment I would give it a pass mark (Hey I wont say it failed :-)) 40/100. Well, next time I'm planning to experiment with chicken biriyani. Yesterday night I spoke to my mom and she corrected out the mistakes in my flow. So it should turn well the next time. :-)
PS: No Guarentee is assured of getting a good biriyani if anyone wants to follow this. The author is not reponsible for any burns, fires, wounds, smoke alarm blowing etc, and the he/she is responsible for any after effects of the stuff he/she cooks and eats.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home