Friday, September 10, 2004

morning 3 am and am awake

Its pretty long time since I have seen this part of the night. Maybe a very longgggg time. Its surprising that I'm awake and am just blogging, Maybe its that I had different sort of days for the past 2 days. I'm around 40 miles away from Mountain view in Berkeley. I had visited the university of Berkeley last time I was here. But right now I'm here for a differnt reason. We are here to discuss about technology and being the leader in the industry there is definition of technology taking place. Its really wonderful to see lot of the guys who defined languages for the industry, who defined methodologies accepted in the industry etc, being around you. It takes a while and makes you think about your achievement in this world. Also talking with some good old guys are really interesting. There are so many things that I dont understand when it comes to the electronics part, which I have been trying to get into over the past years. But it wasnt fruitful and the attempts were futile.

There is also lot of wine, alcohol etc flowing around and then you see a differnt face of lot of people here. Today we had a good evening which was spend in a tour 'de' Golden gate. We had dinner from a very good restaurant in SFO. Its a place called 'shalimar' which is supposedly an India, Pakistan cuisine. I believe, the restaurants in this part of the world would be the only place where India and Pakistan resides on the same board with a complete harmony. For all those food lovers I would recommend this place eventhough the ambience is really different from what you normally get in US. This is a kind of 'Desi Place', but the food is too good. I had a dish called 'Haleem' which I had heard about from my friend who used to have it in Hyderabad during Ramzan. The chicken tikka masala, the onion kulcha and the Goad Jaldehari were really the ones that can capture the imagination of taste buds. It was a good relief after 3 days of Grass diet in this huge castle. After coming back we played card for some time. Its also almost an year since we played the good old game of '28' (This was the name for it in the REC hostel from where I learned the basics of playing cards, I'm not a big guy in this, but can just manage). in this big resort in Berkely called Clairemont, which is a gigantic castle. Maybe the 'Hogwarts school of Magic' is the place that can beat this. K its exactly 3:00 am in the morning and I got to wake up tomorrow and hopefully make it to the presentations here....... Good night.

3 Comments:

At Fri Sep 10, 07:39:00 AM PDT , Blogger Daniela Kantorova said...

d00d, didn't know you are in Claremont. it is a bit of Hogwarts. it has a spa where they have this thing called "sensory deprivation tank" where you can go and meditate - it's a tank where you kind of float in this saline solution, in complete darkness. it's really really cool. heh. at least by my standards. it works wonders for meditation. but a bit expensive.

 
At Fri Sep 10, 10:52:00 PM PDT , Blogger Asif said...

Well, I think Dr. Richard P. Feynmann says something about this kind of chamber in the book (surely, you are joking Mr. Feynmann). He seems to have understood the meaning of meditation in this sense and he mostly compares it with Hallucination and seems to have had some conclusions about this.

 
At Mon Sep 13, 08:34:00 PM PDT , Blogger NY said...

Hey Asif, reached here via Daniela's blog. What a topsy turvy world :).
I think I have tried out all the "desi" restaurants there. You should try out Bombay Garden at central San Rafael.

Hey Daniela's planning a blog meet , would be great to meet up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home