Quotes that I have liked/I cooked up
Some of them are cooked up by me (count the worst ones). Some I got from various columns/books I read during the past 3 years. All of them have been my signatures in the past 3 years on my email. Today I just went through them since somebody asked me about the origin of it and It was really a good feeling going through them.
-===========
Love has a way claiming and reclaiming those who deserve it the most.
-===========
-===========
Each man has to face his destiny, The greatness is when ethics are observed,
no crimes are commited and journey is in the path of honour and courage.
-===========
-===========
Chasing a dream is where legends start
-===========
-===========
The magic of love is that, it makes you a believer
-===========
-===========
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, and small minds
discuss people.
-===========
-===========
"Whether you are Sunni or Shia or Kurd or Chaldean or Assyrian or Turkmen
or Christian or Jew or Muslim, no matter what your faith, freedom is god's
gift to every person in every nation." --George W. Bush
-===========
-===========
Do not seek for the truth by means of men; first find the truth and then
you will recognize those who follow it.
-===========
-===========
'No burden do we place on any soul, but that which it can bear'
-===========
-===========
Poverty is my pride, by it I receive honor.
-===========
-===========
I was a hidden treasure and I loved to be known, so I created the
Universe so that I might be known.
-===========
-===========
From whence did we come? Where are we going? How do we get there?
They answered "from God." "to God." "come with me."
-===========
-===========
It is very simple to say I have principles. But how far will you go for
your principles? Unless your morals are put to the test, they are never
really morals. They are just a set of values. It is an interesting
philosophy until it is put through fire
-===========
-===========
Man is endowed by his Maker with reason, believe in the heart and follow your
dreams, unto the horizon. When you are in doubt ask him to show the path and
to him lies the choice to answer the call.
-===========
-===========
Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a
habit.
-Peter Ustinov, actor, writer and director (1921- )
-===========
-===========
Email is a wonderful thing for people whose role in life is to be on top of
things. But not for me; my role is to be on the bottom of things.
- Donald E. Knuth
-===========
-===========
Do not believe that this body you see is myself. I am spirit and this is
naught but flesh. I am pearl which has to desert its shell. It is my
prison where I've to spend my time in grief. I am a bird and it is my cage.
Whence I have not flown forth and it is left as a token.
-===========
-===========
Philosophy, logic, science, cannot prove the existence of God or the immortality
of the soul; only direct intuition can assure us of those beliefs without which
no moral order, and therefore no civilization, can survive.
-===========
-===========
We allow our ignorance to prevail upon us and make us think we can survive
alone, alone in patches, alone in groups, alone in races, even alone in
genders. -Maya Angelou, poet (1928- )
-===========
-===========
There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
-- Albert Einstein
-===========
-===========
"In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of
our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without
precedent in the cultural history of mankind."
-===========
-===========
The question of whether computers can think is like the question of whether
submarines can swim"
-===========
-===========
if the World Cup were won on star quality alone, then we would not have goals;
we would have judges. And it would not be football; it would be synchronised
swimming. And France and Argentina would not have left for home
-===========
-===========
A poem is never finished, only abandoned. -Paul Valery, poet and
philosopher (1871-1945)
============
-===========
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. -Eleanor
Roosevelt, diplomat, author, and lecturer (1884-1962)
============
-===========
The Strongest & Highest Will To Life Does not Lie in the Puny Struggle
To Exist, But In Will To War, Will To Power
--- Friedrich Nietsche
-===========
-===========
To follow the path: look to the master,
follow the master, walk with the master,
see through the master, become the master.
-===========
-===========
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from
themselves. -James Matthew Barrie, author (1860-1937)
-===========
-===========
...the reflection staring back at me is not what you see...
my guilt running the need to destroy my duration...
forcing me to seek guidance on an empty plate of stolen dreams
and fractured rainbows...
-===========
-===========
Premature optimization is the root of all evil."
- Knuth's law
-===========
-===========
I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his
enemies, for the hardest victory is over self.
-Aristotle, philosopher (384-322 BCE)
-===========
-===========
...the reflection staring back at me is not what you see...
my guilt running the need to destroy my duration...
forcing me to seek guidance on an empty plate of stolen dreams
and fractured rainbows...
-===========

1 Comments:
"I don't like quotes. Tell me what you know". - Attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home