Waste of time
I simply know that putting this post is a real waste of time and also want to emphasize that this is my opinion and I'm ready to take any stones for this one. This is about the film actress Aishwarya Rai. Being a Desi (Indian) guy I know her, since I used to watch Bollywood movies. But I do wonder why the media create so much fuss about her. I know there people do appreciate her for her Beauty, but thats is something for which you dont have any choice. If you are a believer of God then he creates someone beautiful by his will and there is no choice involved in the outer appearance for the creature. You can work on making yourself beautiful internally, but not for your outward appearance. If you are a non believer then it is by nature that you look either good or not. (This is not the point of discussion).
Coming to the point, all the time, I look up at any Indian news paper site, I see that there is a news about Aiswarya Rai. What the heck. Will she become the next sleeping partner of agent 007 or will she act nude or what the heck. Then there is a great news that she has finally entered Hollywood or if she was caught on New York traffic. (There are links to the news articles reporting this in various indian online sites and came as the major headlines). I havent read what the contents were actually, so dont want to comment on them. The provocation to me is this email I got from one of my friends here
> Did you know that Aishwarya rai came on the David
> letterman show yesterday?
Well, What the heck??? How does that make a difference for me? I really didnt appreciate her for any of her acting skills (I dont want to debate on this, In my opinion except for her beauty, she wouldnt even make it in a B class movie taking the acting talent on account). But why are these people such a big news?? The media would not devout an entire article on promoting various other things which I feel is more important to this world. There are various issues that needs to be solved here which are far more important. There is poverty, infrastructure issues, unavailability of water, other miseries in the world that needs to be solved were media can make a big difference. There are so many things we should be proud of as a nation rather than somebody's appearance, and why do we care about these people at all, since they would not bring any difference to a country or a nation seldom to mine or your life. Shouldnt they be just treated as entertainers and do they deserve to have so much attention?? Well.....

3 Comments:
haha, all of this abt Aisha what'shername ... but what about SRK??? this is the IMPORTANT news that DaKu needs to know abt. HEH.
btw check V's blog... comments to the Glam post... more news abt Aishwhatever (-;
I'm tempted to think that news is just another form of entertainment these days. You watch Aishwarya Rai on the David Letterman show and during that time, you forget your other worries and vegetate for a while. Like you said... waste of time.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home