Saturday, February 05, 2005

Slavery & The Master

This subject of Master-Slave relationship had been going through for sometime in my mind. Yesterday I was thinking about how terrible the condition of the slave is, and to have such a master, the slave is lucky. Not for a single moment is the slave bothered about his status, he is not willing to accept his slavery. He thinks that he is equal to the master. He tries to define things using his own intellect, not knowing that Master had seen everything, Master is watching everything. The slave is unwilling to submit to the orders by the master. So is the Master responsible for the slave? Indeed, he has the right over each and every moment of the slave, each and every one of his slaves.

On personal side, I have been going through some tough times, But I think and pray that I'm at more peace than what it used to be. Then there was a change in the things I was doing at work and I had been trying to catch up with the changes. But I love challenges. Always when a change happens, it is lot of hard work you need to put in to cope up with the unfamiliar territory. Initially you might tend to think that it is hard to come over the hurdles and you might tremble. But slowly you put your feets down, you might fall down, again get up wipe the dust on your trouser, and then move on. This is what the philosophy is going over in my mind right now. I would like to see each and everything as a test that comes across me. There are some pains and wounds that we might think that we had been inflicted with and at those moments we might think are the last moment in our lives. But it is our inability to see the whole picture. If you look back at those moments in the life, you can see that they have given you the best lessons you ever had and you would be wondering how you could get over with them. Ultimately, that is the only thing this life is worthy of.

Of late, I had started playing Volleyball which had been a good thing. Now it is amazing that I look forward to it. Last week when I was doing it, I was amazed by the fact that I still had that control in me to set the ball right on the net. My friends back at school would remember those good times that we had with the Game. It was amazing, the small school ground that we had which could just fit the whole volleyball court, and the smashes that we used to make piercing the partition boards of various class rooms, irritating the teachers as well as the girls in the classroom :-). The challenge would be who could make the most damage to the tiles on the roof and to the partition, and also washing over your white school uniform after the game is over. There used to be washing powder kept near the tap and all of us, before going for the tution classes washing our clothes and shoes, and going to the tution centre in the wet clothes. Wow, those moments, definitely I miss them.


2 Comments:

At Sat Feb 05, 11:40:00 PM PST , Blogger Noufal said...

Volleyball. I still remember you marching off with your cronies at college to play it against the staff. If my memory is correct, Dr. Ameen really let you guys have it. Didn't he? :)

MARK's gym and #if's volleyball. ;)

 
At Sun Feb 06, 09:21:00 AM PST , Blogger Asif said...

Nouf, The volleyball team we had at REC was so bad that I dont have sufficient memories about it (I prefer not to looking at the GAME perspective). But that at the school was superb. You are correct that Dr. Ameen had let us have it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home