Wednesday, November 17, 2004

The world of "lies" ....

Today I was thinking about how much mess can be created in our life with all the negligible lies and cheats that come out of us each minute. We try not to be even bothered about it because we think that they are innocent lies and you have a definite purpose for it. But the staggering amount of personal defect it causes is neglected by each and every one of us.

Imagine a situation, You are doing something at work, and you did something by mistake, ignored something. Now your manager comes and ask you at a later time about it and you are not bothered to admit your mistake and you cover it up for the time being and you go and fix the situation. Now you are happy that in front of the manager you have covered up a mistake and your manager appreciates the job done by you. Since you have fixed the issue, you know that there need not be any guilt of hiding anything because the mistake is redeemed and you are sure that nobody is ever going to know about it. You feel that by admitting your mistake you might lose your credibility of being an excellent performer. So you are happy and you know that there need not be anything to be bothered about it. I think we all are confronted by situations like this including me.

But I believe that it is the biggest mistake we are doing by lying and we should feel guilty about it. I think we should be proud enough to make mistakes, bcoz everyone make mistakes. Making mistakes is the way you learn things and when you are bold enough to admit your mistakes that surely make you great. The problem with the earlier situation is if you had make a mistake when you were trying to cover it up, it can surmount the problem to such an extent that you can break off. I realize that the teaching to never lie, even it is for simple things make sense. well...., This post is written as an advice to myself and those of us who want to change themselves. It was inspired from some incidents that happened aroung me. These are things that we dont bother to fix in our lives.


2 Comments:

At Wed Nov 17, 07:15:00 PM PST , Blogger NY said...

Strange, I was thinking this sometime back. I remember as a kid I used to lie a lot not that it was needed in anyway, sometimes even when the truth did no harm at all. I guess one particular messy incident taught me that its really not worth the effort that is needed to remember the lies and then reproduce them so that its sounds convincing.

And oh yeah about the bug thing, well I like the look on the the managers face when I say thats a bug, guess what we missed that one :). Try it out sometime. That look of unadulterated terror is priceless.

 
At Thu Nov 18, 10:01:00 AM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam,
u r quit rite....we human beings are so worried about wat others going to think about us that sometimes we don't even relize that we are lieing....We should think about that Allah is watching us and we are comiting a sin......Lie is a lie....doesnt matter if you lied just to save your self or lied just for fun....some people say that its not a lie its 'mazak' but i say its still goes in the category of lie....
hope Allah forgives our sins and make us strong muslims...ameen
Fi Aman Allah
zenia

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home