An amazing day....
I know you will be interested and having an evil smile about the outcome of my "Biriyani". Guys, I know you will be disappointed to know that I have recognized my hidden talent. My only worry is why, I didnt do it earlier. "The biriyani came out excellent and I got so much appreciation for it. You know, I had 2 more guests than previously planned and they thanked me for such a good one. He he.
The day started off well, since a friend of mine was willing to give me a ride. So we started off for the first prayer at MCA. I was so impressed by the number of people that turned out for the Eid prayers. I know people love to celebrate and I guess those who didnt even bother about Ramadhan turned out for Eid. There were so many people clothed in new dresses (Ya I also put on something new that I had) and everyone had a smile on their face. After the prayers I was so overwhelmed and I couldnt believe it. The simple notion of bowing in front of the Almighty in unison, without any consideration of your nationality , your social status etc was wonderful. The White American, The black from Africa, The Chinese, Indians, Pakistani's everyone were there together and celebrating one festival was simply breathtaking. There was a huge crowd for the celebration they had after Eid at the MCA mosque. After the prayers it was hugging time for each and every one and I was hugged by an Arab, a pakistani, a black American guy and I guess somebody from Sudan and so many people wishing me Eid mubarak. We dont have this custom in India and I really dont know to do it in the right way.
After this it was simply 5 hours of mixing the Masalas in the right proportion, Cutting of the Onions making water flow out from my eyes, mixing the rice in the right amount of water that made the Biriyani so beautiful. I really could appreciate the effort that my mom had always taken, with just this one time effort. Back there, the moment you go back from the mosque there will be aromatic biriyani on the table and your duty is just to eat it and criticize it of any of the short coming. After the Biriyani I made the "Semiya Payasam", which is the desert you make with vermicelly and milk. This also came out really good. So for me it was the time to show off. Earlier the day, I had promised the friend who gave me a lift to the mosque about calling him for lunch if my biriyani comes out good. I called Mohammed also and they agreed to come for dinner. After having the lunch, it was just a matter of getting on to the bed that I slept. Oh man, my stomach has come out with all the food that I had during Eid, thanks to the middle eastern sweets the Mohammed brought back after his trip. We had a nice dinner again with fresh fried Shrimps giving an end to the most celebrated day here for me.
Back to the office and having a tough time attending meetings and debugging. :-(

2 Comments:
salams eid mubarak. make dua for me wassalam
Ha now that we have testing on the other unforunate folks. Let me be the one to welcome myself to ur place the next time around you get around to cooking. Also getting my games cd's to play.. I mean try out the gfx modules on ur 19" screen.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home