The realities....
I dont know how many of us can realize this feeling. Perhaps we have it easy and perhaps understanding this will make us realize hard-ships of life. If I'm asked to leave this place, I've a destination to go back. I can go back to my little village is kerala. I never realized that was a big advantage in life. It helps me to do things without too much worries. I know that there is my sweet little home of my parents where I can go anytime I want. But imagine a situation if in our lives we dont have a place to go to. Imagine, if in the whole world there is no country that can accept you. Say, you dont have a recognized passport that identifies you as the citizen of a country. Have I ever thought what it means. I believe No. You are alien to the whole world, leave about the rights, You are viewed as an alien even in the coutry of your birth. I guess thats terrible. I think this will appreciate the concept of having a "Government". Have we thought about so called "Refugees" who are forcefully kicked of their homes by external forces. Their suffering I guess would be too much. I think I have never thought about this and I'm ashamed about this ignorance.
By the way, the greatest news for the time being is I got my SSN and to add to the happiness, I'm recognized as ASIF E T V in my Social security card. What more can I ask for?????

1 Comments:
interesting post as i decided to rejoin Amnesty International again today. i used to be a member back in UK. now, i've been thinking abt blogging abt the Baha'i persecutions that have been happening in Iran this year. perhaps i will do that soon.
and you are right. there is a great advantage in having a place to go back to. also, in being capable to do work. any type of work.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home