Living according to the norms
Hmmmm, pretty good subject that I have been thinking for a while. Hope I can make it short. Is it worth spending your life as defined by the society not thinking whether we are right or wrong? The society has some notions about success. All those people who are successful has a certain set of attributes as defined by the society and hence it imposes restrictions on these attributes to term people as to whether they are successful in their life or whether they are failure. The parents are bound to teach their children certain norms which they think that "My son/daughter should be successful and Being successful is to earn a lot of money". Study hard so that you can become a doctor/engineer and bloody what not. I started realizing that, there is no real "success" as that can be measured. The idea would be what does that success bring to the person who achieved it? A momentary feeling of superiority or a certain kick that I have always said that is what people strive for and once they are there then there is no difference to it. People who live for gaining superiority over others following any norms are the losers in this life according to me. They forget to live their life......

2 Comments:
Not measuring yourself by social yardsticks - Good.
Not having a purpose at all - Bad.
As for not measuring yourself at all, I don't really think that'd work in the long run. You've got to have something to live upto.
What do you think?
My point is to come out of the restrictions imposed off by the society, and to give the exact meaning of "SUCCESS" for you, and also not to push others to align with your own yard stick of measurement. Definitely it doesnt deter a purpose for your life.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home