Setting things straight
Ok, I have been away from this open space for long. After a long lecture from daku, I wake up today morning 6:30 and then noted down the things I need to do. Also I had been not thankful to God for all the things I have been bestowed with. So here goes the remedial action for all my bad deeds. I pray to the almighty Allah that he will be happy with my decisions below. I know most of the things listed below cannot be implemented in a day. But it is something similar to what you do when you first learn to walk. You dont run on day one. So I hope things will be settled in due course of time. Once more thanks to Daku for all the nice advice and Anumod for being supportive.
1. Cleaning up the House --> This is one thing that I have been neglecting for a while. My house is so nasty. There is mold growth in the bathroom. The problem with we Indian males are, most of us do not even see with our eyes all the dirt that lies around. It had been the case with me, But not any more. I read up things regarding mold here. I should give it a shot on next saturday. Guys, I'm serious ok. I need to get a list of equipments needed for cleaning the house from Daku and buy them.
2. Hair Cut --> I can no longer bear the pain of maintaining this hair. I need to cut them off. It takes so much time to comb it, to oil it and keep it. Also lot of people have questions regarding the hair. It is almost impossible to prove to people that you are normal, when you dont appear like a normal person. Not anymore. I need a hair cut.
3. Car --> I need to buy a car ASAP. Continue search on craigslist.
4. Buy a futon/Matress or something
5. Register for the Stanford part time courses from next quarter.
6. Have well cooked meal everyday. Dont just be a lazy ass and procrastinate things
7. Keep up with the studies and finish all the books from the library
8. Discipline at work -- Come to work by 8:30 and leave by 6:00. No checking with bloggers during work hours. Work like a donkey and come to realize the good old notion of work is worship. Dont poison anybody with the crappy thoughts that comes to my mind sometime.
9. Stop eating junk items from the pantry room. The only things allowed are fruits.
10. Regulr gym. --> Yes this happens even now, but keep up the momentum
11. Organize all the things at house. Things shouldnt lie here and there. Everything should be kept at the proper place. Buy furniture or anything that is needed for keeping things at proper place.
12. Try to get into the long neglected sport activities. Get into cricket, Volleyball or even learn tennis.
13. Dress well, neat and clean to the office --> Make your impressions straight and right.
14. Dont get emotions play on you. Be strong and courageous.
Optional luxuries
-------------
1. Get a personal Laptop
2. Hacking on to linux kernel
3. Get a PDA
Most importantly there are some relations that I need to straighten out. Especially there is someone whom I have been neglecting for sometime. I need to fix that up. I pray it is not too late. I guess God will be on my side and give me strength in implementing all the things and it would please him.
Follow up
----------
By the way guys a follow up. I bought a tennis racquet. Held a game with my roomie and 6-2 6-2 was the score of the match. needless to say I won.

11 Comments:
Asif ey, who is this person u have been neglecting? I think it could be me - you have not taken me to Udupi in a looong looong time. all those dahi vadas I've been missing!!!!
oh AND ROFL about poisoning people's minds!!!! the conscience is getting to you, i guess, for imparting your jaded theories to Anumod and Niranjan. LOL. LOL.
what!!! u're giving up the ghost!!! just when i was abt to give those liberating ideas some thought!!!
oopss ... quite a long list ... don't tell me you thought about all this overnight !!! ;-)
That's a long list. Good luck with that.
Apropos a PDA, I don't know if it's all that great an idea. I have one and I don't use it all that often.
@Daku
Its not you. Remember, I took my precious time to visit you last weekend, came along with you for a visit to the Half moon bay beach and you are saying I'm neglecting you. Regarding the Dahi Vada, Why dont you buy Udupi palace from that 100 million that you are going to get. :-)
The thoughts are liberating thoughts. It sounds poisonous in this country.
@neurohavoc
Dont worry man. You got plenty of time to ponder upon the thoughts, and indeed it takes some time to catch upon :-))
@Ghost rider
Man, surprisingly I created the list after I couldnt get back to sleep in the morning.
@Nouf
Thanks buddy. This is the initial list. I'm giving thoughts into the priorities.
hey you're not supposed to be checking with the bloggers during work hours!
Thats one kickass list you got there buddy :)
And whats happening to the custom PC that you were building. :)
Really cool list - if you implement even half of it , it will be a brand new Asif ... let me make it "New and Improved" ;)
Good luck with the wish list :)
I especially liked (why 4 ? is it cold there ??) 5 , 6 (hear , hear !!) , 8 , 13 - all the best !
i am sure u will complete all the work... slowly..take care of ur health as well...the person u r neglecting i am sure will understand ...if he/she is a good friend. have a wonderful day
@NY
Dude, this is real kick ass stuff man. I hope I can make atleast half of the things. :-)
@Mridul
Hope it does not remain just a wish list.
@Anonymous
Thanks whoever you are.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home